Monday, May 9, 2011

Post Modernist Re-write

I decided to do my post-modernist rewrite of a scene from my story "Never Did I Ever". I've never really done this before so here goes my first ever attempt...


Let                     go                         my

          wrists                  gripped                  tight

    arms               pulled                     above.

           
Liquor                I              smell                  you

              don't           stop               can't

 stop                 you              I                      try

             can't                  break                 free

 need                  escape                 help       
    

         some         one          any             one

        help                help              help

 He              spreads             me             open

      open                he              wants             in

  I                  want                     out

        faster                    faster             faster
   
                 harder                 harder

    IN             OUT             IN              OUT

         almost                 there                 thrust
                   thrust                  done

        He                     smiles
              
                    I                        cry

         

1 comment:

  1. Well done here. What I like about this exercise is that we all get to see how much can be cut from a text without losing the emotional force.

    ReplyDelete