Monday, May 9, 2011

Pink Institution

This book by far has been one of the most interesting and complex books I have read in college. At first, I really didn't like it because I didn't understand why the pages and the text looked so weird. After doing some research on the book and after our class discussions, I started to understand it better. The further I read on and the more I re-read each page or section, the more I got into the flow of the book. The pictures and images inserted throughout also added to the aesthetics and the overall concept behind the book. The breaks or gaps in between the words, the sentences or even the different sections gave me time  to take in each word, which allowed for a bigger and better portrait to be painted within my head about the events that were taking place. I think the funniest thing for me was the section that talked about  foot prints on the ceiling because it reminded me of The Simpsons movie when Homer is excited about the spider-pig who walked on the walls and ceiling of the house. The description of this triggered my mind to hear Homer Simpson singing "spider-pig, spider-pig..." This was a unique book, to say the least, but one that will be ingrained within my mind for some time to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment